- Big boy
- 12 easy snowman crafts for kids
VonAarohi Achwal- Updated: July 16, 2020
In this article
- 12 creative snowman craft ideas for kids to try this winter
Snowman crafts are one of the best signs of winter and whether you live somewhere with a lot of snow or not, you can make your own cute snowmen at home. These brilliant snowman craft ideas can be used to display smiling snowmen in your home or for a class project or just for snowy day fun!
12 creative snowman craft ideas for kids to try this winter
Check out these easy to make yet creative ones.cute handmade snowmenIdeas they will love to do with the kids.
1. Snowman Thank You Cards
If kids plan to create thank you cards for their teachers, think snowmen!
- white cardboard
- point markers
- colored pencils
- orange paper
- Gift basket stuffing made from shredded crumpled paper
- Pre-cut many pieces of white cardboard in the shape of a snowman.
- To do this, fold a piece of cardboard in half and draw the outline of a snowman on the front half. Cut out the outline, leaving the back half attached to the card to open and close.
- Cut a triangle out of the orange paper and stick it to the nose area.
- Add buttons to the snowman's body using stitch markers. Glue two button eyes onto the nose.
- The basket stuffing can be used as arms, so glue them to the sides.
2. Fluffy snow painting rezept
This amazing snow painting activity is perfect for building a spectacular winter snowman scene!
- white glue (1 cup)
- Shaving cream (2 cups, no gel)
- flour (1/2 cup)
- construction paper
- wide eyes
- orange paper
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine white glue, shaving cream, and flour.
- Glitter is optional, but can be used if you want the snow to sparkle.
- Form a cardboard snowman using a spoon.
- Decorate the snowman by gluing additional accessories.
- Use buttons of different colors on the body. The googly eyes can be used for the eyes along with a small triangle cut out of orange paper for the nose.
- Glue a paper hat on the head and add some snowflakes to complete the craft!
This snowman is very easy to make and can be made from things you find around the house.
- craft glue
- satin container
- cotton balls
- art paper
- wide eyes
- Have the child draw a snowman on construction paper.
- Pour some glue into the shallow container for the child to dip the cotton balls in.
- Glue the cotton balls around the outline of the snowman.
- That done, glue the other parts of the snowman.
- Googly eyes can be at the top along with an orange triangular nose.
- Use the sticks for the arms.
- Snowflake stickers can be used to decorate the other areas of the paper. Also draw or glue a small hat on the snowman's head.
4. Snowman paper plate masks
Children will love showing off their faces with these cute snowman masks.
- paper plates
- black cardboard
- White glue
- red construction paper
- snowflake stickers
- hot glue
- craft sticks
- Cut out the center circle of the paper plate so that the child's face is clearly visible through the plate.
- Glue the wooden stick to the bottom of the paper plate.
- Draw a hat on the black construction paper and cut out the hat.
- Then decorate the snowman hats! You can use simple red paper strips and snowflake stickers on the hat.
- After the snowman hats are decorated, glue the hat to the top of the paper plate. It's better to use white glue because children shouldn't handle hot glue.
5. Salty Snowman
This craft idea will add a beautiful snowy effect to your snowman art.
- blue cardboard
- wide eyes
- pipe cleaners
- colored pencils
- Have the child use glue to draw a line on the bottom of the blue construction paper.
- Use the glue to draw the outline of a snowman on the snowy ground.
- Fill in the outlines of the ground and the snowman with glue.
- After filling it with glue, add craft elements to the snowman's body and face. These include little googly eyes, a little orange pipe cleaner for the nose, and little sequins for the buttons on the body.
- Finally, pour the salt over the glue. Make sure the glue on the paper is completely covered with salt.
- When finished, lift the side to allow excess salt to fall off. Then spread out to dry.
- Once dry, you can add more details like arms and hats.
6. Snowman Snow Globe
this is another funDIY snowman craft ideaYour child will love it!
- paper plate
- Orange and black craft paper.
- papel contact
- double tape
- First, cut out a hat and small ovals (charcoal for the mouth) from black cardboard. Also, cut a triangle out of the orange construction paper for the nose.
- Take the contact paper and cut a rectangle. Fold in half. Also make sure the contact paper is large enough to fit in the inner circle area of the paper plate.
- Peel off the back of the contact paper. Shake the glitters onto the contact paper and add some sequins.
- Fold the sticker paper so that the sparkles and sequins are interspersed, then close. You can seal it with tape to prevent it from falling out.
- Cut out the center section of the panel to form a circle.
- Glue the anthracite nose, mouth, and hat to the cutout. Glue two buttons for the eyes.
- While waiting for the pieces to dry, place the glossy contact paper on the paper plate circle.
- Use double-sided tape to hold the contact paper securely. This large paper plate is the snowman's belly.
- Pin the face to the belly and add a scarf to cover the bobby pins. Your snowman is ready!
7. Snowmen in foam cups
If you have some foam cups lying around, use them to turn them into snowmen.cute snowman craftIdea!
- foam cup
- medium pompoms
- white craft glue
- pipe cleaners
- black marker
- First take the felt and cut 1 inch wide strips using the entire length of the felt sheet. Using scissors, fray the felt ends by cutting about 5 slits. This is the scarf.
- Then place the white foam cup upside down and secure the scarf around the cup, leaving enough room to add face detail.
- Cut a small triangle for the nose out of the orange felt and glue it to the face in the nose area.
- For the earmuffs, take a pipe cleaner and cut it in half. Fold it over the top of the head and trim the ends to about half an inch.
- Take two pom poms and cut one side to make them flatter. Glue the ends of the pipe cleaners, flat side, to the snowman's head.
- Finally, take a black marker and add the eyes above the nose. Small eyebrows would also help to give the snowman cute facial expressions!
8. Seamless Snowman Sock Crafts
This is a wonderful ideaSnowman crafts for kids.
- Socks (1 white sock and 1 colored sock for the hat)
- rubber bands
- painting or markings
- orange pompoms
- Start by stuffing the white sock with rice. When you are satisfied with the size of the snowman, tie the top and secure the rice with a rubber band.
- Take another rubber band and tie it just above the middle to separate the head from the body.
- Now use a glue gun to glue the buttons to the snowman's body.
- Draw the eyes and mouth with markers. Glue a small orange pompom for the nose and place another small orange pompom on top of the nose to make it longer.
- Glue a ribbon around the neck for the scarf and cut the end of a small colored sock for the hat, roll it up and place it on your head.
9. Tealight Snowman Ornaments
These lights make amazing Christmas decorations.
- black marker
- Battery operated tea lights
- Rotes Band
- spin pom poms
- red pipe cleaner
- black felt
- orange mark
- Using a black marker, draw the charcoal eyes and mouth on the candle. You can even use googly eyes for the snowmen's eyes.
- Cut a piece of red pipe cleaner about 2.5 inches long.
- Fold the pipe cleaner piece around the candle and glue it to the candle by applying glue to the sides of the candle.
- Glue the pom poms to the end of the pipe cleaner and you have earmuffs. Cut a small piece of ribbon and cross, glue. Add a drop of glue to the back of the scarf and glue it to the back of the candle.
10. Snowman Cupcake Liners
If you have muffin tins at home, make a snowman out of them.
- white cupcake liners
- black beans
- card stock (brown, blue, orange)
- amo washi
- On a piece of blue construction paper, glue 3 cupcake shapes to form a snowman's body and head.
- Use different washi tape designs for the scarf and hat.
- Use black beans for the eyes and the smile. Glue colored buttons to the body.
- The brown cardboard strips can be used as arms. White buttons can be glued around the snowman like snowflakes.
11. Snowman Ornaments on CD
Decorate your Christmas tree with these CD ornaments.
- old CDs
- white acrylic paint
- dry black beans
- cola glitter branca
- black buttons
- Pink craft foam circles
- orange tissue paper
- Paint the CDs with white acrylic paint and let dry.
- Once dry, apply some white glue to shine the slices.
- For the nose, cut a sheet of orange fabric in half and fold that half twice (one crosswise and one crosswise).
- Take half of this piece, squeeze and twist.
- Push the tip through the hole in the CD and cut about half an inch from the paper at the back.
- Use the other craft parts for the snowman's face. Black beans for the mouth, black buttons for the eyes, and rosy circles under the cheeks. Thread a string through the hole and use as an ornament.
12. Glitter paper snowman
This is one of the easiest snowman craft ideas.
- White paper
- orange and black markings
- led tea light
- Take a white sheet of paper.
- Use the pencil to draw a snowman's face in the center of the paper. Simple black and orange markers would do the trick.
- Glue the two ends of the paper together to form a cylinder. Place the LED in the cylinder and the lamp is ready.
When it's too cold to make snowmen outside, make warm snowmen indoors with these snowman ideas.Snowman Crafts for Preschoolers,Babies and Children!
Newspaper craft ideas for kids
The best craft ideas for kids from scrap metal
Shoe box craft ideas for kids
previous article«110 fun and innovative writing stimulation ideas for kids
next article »
Aarohi Achwal holds a BA in Commerce and an MA in English Literature. When she worked as an intern at an English newspaper, she discovered that writing was her passion. The idea of being heard without having to speak appeals to her. They like to write research-based articles that are informative and relevant. She has written articles about pregnancy, parenting and relationships. And you want to keep creating health and lifestyle content.
- RELATED POSTS
- 10 super fun and easy penguin crafts for kids
- Swimming for children: benefits, risks and precautions
- Take young children on a nature walk
- 30 movement activities for kids indoors and outdoors
- The importance of play for your child's development
- Montessori-inspired toys for toddlers, toddlers, and preschoolers
POPULAR IN CREATION
The 22 best moral tales for kids
- (Video) 2 Easy Snowman crafts for kids☃️| Winter craft ideas for kids❄️| Paper roll, Cotton pad snowman☃️
Protect your child from hepatitis A
Decode your baby's cry
Back to School Parenting Health Checklist(Video) Easy Paper snowman | Christmas paper crafts 2023
How do you make a mini sock snowman? ›
Cut the white sock straight across at the heel. Place pebbles or other small weights in the toe of the sock. Stuff the sock with plenty of fiberfill. Use a rubber band to tie off the top, then use a second rubber band to create a snowman shape.What do you fill sock snowmen with? ›
Start by filling your white sock with rice. You will need a hefty amount (we were quite surprised to see how much rice can go into one sock). Once you are happy with the amount (and size) of your sock snowman tie the top with the rubber band.How do you make a simple snowman? ›
It's simple to roll up three snowballs, one large, one medium, and one small. Stack them up with the biggest on bottom and the smallest on top for the head. Then let your creative side run wild by decorating the snowman with a face, clothing, arms, and any accessories that you want!What are the five steps to making a snowman? ›
- Scout the Area. Before building make sure you pick out an area that has the right amount (and right kind) of snow. ...
- Start Small. Begin by tightly packing a small ball of snow. ...
- Get Rollin'! ...
- Build It Up. ...
- Snow Into Snowman.
Baking soda and water. Pour 1 cup of baking soda into a bowl, and add water one tablespoon at a time. Use a fork or a whisk to stir the two ingredients together, adding more water as you go. When it's light and powdery, it's ready to play with!How to make rice snowman? ›
Start by filling your white sock with rice using a spoon. Once you have the desired amount, tie off the top with a rubber band. To make the head and body of the snowman, wrap another rubber band around the middle of the sock. Adjust the rubber band until you're happy with the size of the head and body.How do you make a Hershey's snowman? ›
- Cut a small strip off the end of the piece of paper. Place the chocolate bar face down and fold up the bottom/top ends. ...
- Put the mittens inside of eachother (put your hand in one and put it inside the other). Pull over the top of the chocolate bar. ...
- Draw a snowman face with the markers. ...
- Glue on two buttons.
Draw three circles in the shape of a snowman on colored paper of your choice. Help your child glue cotton balls inside the three circles. Then glue on the hat, googly eyes, and carrot nose to the snowman's head. Add the three black buttons to the middle of the snowman's body.What do you use for the smile of a snowman? ›
Mouth: Line up several small pebbles into a snowman smile -- also try: raisins or coffee beans. Arms: Try long twigs with spare mittens or gloves at the ends to create the look of hands.What do you put in a nose for a snowman? ›
Give your child a carrot for the snowman's nose and encourage him or her to collect other items from the yard to finish off their custom Frosty. Pine cones or rocks work great for eyes or buttons.
How do you make a hand snowman? ›
- Fold over a piece of white cardstock. ...
- Cut out the handprint. ...
- Draw a snowman hat and cut it out. ...
- Draw dots for the eyes with a black marker. ...
- Make paper scarves. ...
- Draw buttons underneath the scarf with a black marker.
- Write a special message inside your card!
Eyes and mouth: For eyes, you don't have to use coal (or coal-like substance). Try buttons, rocks, Hershey's kisses or even Lifesavers. My personal favorite is sunglasses. Nose: You could use the traditional carrot, a cup, a banana or a candy cane.What makes a good snowman? ›
By that scale, moist to wet snow is ideal for snowman building, according to Jordy Hendrikx, a snow scientist at Montana State University. Dry snow is like a loose powder with particles that don't stick together very well, while slush is too fluid to hold a shape. “You can think of the free water as the 'glue.How do you make 2 ingredient snow? ›
Mix 3 cups baking soda with ½ cup of white hair conditioner until firm. You'll know it's ready when you can pick it up and form snowballs. It will be cool to the touch just like real snow!How do you make fake snow for toddlers? ›
1: In a large bowl mix 2 1/2 cups of pure baking soda with 1/2 a cup of white hair conditioner. 2: Stir mixture in large bowl until ingredients are well combined. 3: Pour into a large container for your kids and enjoy hours and hours of play!What can I build from 2 2x4s? ›
- Classic Console. 1/8. For a rustic yet classic addition to your home, look no further than the X motif that adds stability and style to this contemporary console table. ...
- Bud Vase. 2/8. ...
- Coffee Table. 3/8. ...
- Bar Stools. 4/8. ...
- Candle Holder. 5/8. ...
- Outdoor Sofa. 6/8. ...
- Rolling Cart. 7/8. ...
- Floating Shelves. 8/8.
- Step 1: Dusting + Blinds. Socks are great for cleaning up around the house. ...
- Step 2: Sock Puppet. Sock puppets are a classic kids toy. ...
- Step 3: Can Koozie. ...
- Step 4: Draft Stopper. ...
- Step 5: Vacuum Small Items. ...
- Step 6: Ice Pack Cover. ...
- Step 7: Hot/Warm Pack. ...
- Step 8: Dryer Ball.
- Paint the shatter proof bulbs white. ...
- Paint the metal part of the light bulb red, or desired color. ...
- Paint two eyes, an orange carrot nose, and buttons onto the snowman light bulb.
- Once the red paint on the snowman's “hat” is dry, paint a layer of Mod Podge over it.
Start by making the snowmen noses with the orange part of the candy corn candies. Cut both the yellow and white sections off of the candy corn. Place a few of the orange sections of the candy corn into a glass microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or more if needed until soft.What can melt a snowman? ›
Add some blue food coloring to vinegar, then begin pouring the mixture slowly over the snowman and watch him melt! The science behind this experiment is combing the baking soda and vinegar to create a chemical reaction! Baking soda = base, vinegar = acid. When combining the two, it creates a gas called carbon dioxide!
How to draw a snowman step by step? ›
- Draw a circle for the head.
- Add a larger circle underneath the head.
- Draw even larger circle underneath the second one.
- Start the hat with sideways “S”.
- Draw the top hat above the head.
- Start the scarf around neck.
- Draw the scarf ends and add the face.
- Add arms and buttons.
Baking soda and water. Pour 1 cup of baking soda into a bowl, and add water one tablespoon at a time. Use a fork or a whisk to stir the two ingredients together, adding more water as you go. When it's light and powdery, it's ready to play with!