Since all Roblox characters wear the same model, the clothing and accessories make each one unique. A custom hat can really help you stand out, but creating and posting one on Roblox is no easy feat.
In this article, we explain how to make a Roblox hat in Blender and share the easiest way to customize Roblox items. Plus, you'll learn how to design clothes on paint.net, how to upload your creations to the site, and much more related to user-generated content on Roblox.
How to make your hat with Blender?
The Blender software is great because it offers a wide range of customization options, but it does require some technical skill. You should also keep in mind that you need to be very lucky to upload your creation to the Roblox website. If you have basic knowledge of 3D modeling, join usliquidificador.organd download the software. Then use the Upload Character extension to transfer a character from Roblox to Blender. Then follow the instructions below to create a Roblox hat in Blender:
- Right-click on the character and choose "Export Selection" from the dropdown menu.
- Choose where you want to save the character.
- Start Blender and click on File in the menu at the top of the window.
- Select "Import" from the dropdown menu, click "Wavefront (.obj)" and import the file containing your character.
- Click on a character's body part and press the "X" KEY to delete it. Repeat until the character has only one head. This step is optional, but it can make the process more convenient.
- Switch to layer two before creating the base of your hat. In the menu at the top of the screen, you will see two boxes, each made up of ten small squares. Click on the second square from the left at the top of the left panel to switch to layer two.
- To switch to orthographic view (two-dimensional view of three-dimensional objects), press Num5 and then Num1.
- Simultaneously press the "Shift" and "A" keys, select "Mesh" and choose any basic shape.
- Right-click on the mesh and press the Tab key.
- In the menu at the top of the screen, click on the gray square icon with a small orange square next to it.
- Hold down the "A" key and left click to select all vertices.
- Hold down the "X" key to delete all vertices. This is necessary to create an empty mesh.
- Hold down "Ctrl" and left click on the mesh to start creating the first vertex.
- Drag the line to draw the outline of your hat and release the mouse button to define the first line. Repeat this until you get the shape of a hat.
- To undo an action, press the Ctrl and Z keys at the same time.
- To switch from side view to top view, use the Num7 key.
Hold down the "A" key and left click to select all the vertices, then use the "Alt" + "R" key combination to activate the rotate tool. Use the Angle slider at the bottom of the screen to rotate the shape.
Now let's soften the shape of your hat and add some texture to it, unless you want it to stay angular and flat. Follow the steps below:
- Press the "Tab" key to switch to object mode.
- From the menu at the top of the screen, select "Tool," then "Shading," and click "Smooth."
- In the Properties window, click the wrench icon.
- Select "Add Modifier" and then "Subdivision Surface".
- Find an image online with the desired texture and save it to your PC.
- Select "Shading" from the menu at the top of the screen and drag and drop your image into the shader editor window. It appears as a new window with image information in the shader editor.
- In the Shader Editor, connect the dot next to Color in the left panel to the dot next to Base Color in the center panel.
- Connect the dot next to "BSDF" in the middle panel to the dot next to "Surface" in the right pane of the Shade Editor.
- The texture should now be visible on your model.
- Click File and Save, name your file, and save it as an .obj object.
How do I create my hat with Paint.net?
You can't create 3D objects like a hat in Paint.net, but you can use it to customize Roblox clothing models because they are flat. First install paint.net from officialPropertyand download the official roblox outfitPresentation. Then open your model with paint.net and follow the instructions below:
- Draw the outline of your outfit. Hold down Shift, left-click, and drag the line. Release the mouse button and repeat the process. Do not forget details such as collars, buttons, etc.
- If you need to mirror elements, select an element and click Layers at the top of the page. Choose Flip Horizontal or Flip Vertical from the dropdown menu.
- Click Layers at the top of the page and choose Add New Layer.
- Add cutting lines. They must repeat the outline, but shifted one pixel to the side and be white.
- If you want to add points, change the line type to dashed, dashed, or other and draw more lines. Add little details. This is where you need to get creative - the instructions will vary depending on the details you want to do.
- Add another layer.
- Select a part of your outfit with a magic wand and color it with any tool (brush, fill, etc.).
- Hold down the "Ctrl" key. Using the Magic Wand Tool, select the background and the areas where you want the mask to be visible. Make sure the Magic Wand Tool mode is set to Global.
- Change the flood mode to Local in the menu at the top of the page.
- Delete selected areas.
- Adjust the opacity of the layer. Set the opacity of the first layer to around 40, the second to 20, and the third to 10.
- To create a texture, click Effects at the top of the page and click Blur or Noise. Select the preferred effect type.
- Put away your clothes.
How do I add a custom hat from an image editor to Roblox?
Now that you know how to create a custom hat, it's time to figure out how to transfer your creation to Roblox. Unfortunately, the answer to this question is not very encouraging: only selected creators can publish their work on the site, and getting into their ranks is almost impossible.
You can try to contact some of the creators who can share their work on Roblox or write to the developers on social networks like Twitter. But you'll be very happy to get an answer, as you're probably not the only one wanting to get into Roblox UGC Creators this way.
The initially chosen users were those who had previously worked with the Roblox developers, meaning they demonstrated their skills. The developers are still testing the UGC system and we are not sure if regular players will be able to submit their work for free in the future.
However, regular players can upload their custom clothing to Roblox. This is how you do it:
- Between not Roblox.
- In the main menu, navigate to the My Creations tab.
- Depending on the type of clothing you have created, click Shirts, Pants, or T-shirts.
- Click "Choose File" and locate the paint.net file on your PC.
- Give your creation a name and click Upload.
In this section, we will answer more questions about custom hats in Roblox.
What is the easiest way to create a Roblox hat?
If creating a hat in Blender seems too complicated, don't worry, there's actually an easier way to create one. You can create a hat style in the downloadable Roblox Studios softwareObook page. However, there are two complications. First, you can only use a limited number of existing templates, while in Blender you can create a hat of any shape. Second, like other UGC elements of Roblox, you have a very low chance of getting your work published.
What does it take to make a Roblox hat?
There are no special requirements to create a Roblox hat; all you need is a device that meets the technical requirements of the selected software and a little creativity. Roblox Studios can be used on computers, tablets, and even mobile devices, while Blender requires a PC. However, the requirements to submit your content are higher. You must be among those chosen by developers and creators, or be in contact with someone who is.
Can I put my Roblox UGC hat up for sale?
You can't unless you've proven your skills to the Roblox developers. Only a limited number of creators can post their custom items on the site, and an even smaller number can monetize those items. Regular players are also not allowed to sell games, although they can create them in Roblox Studio and have the opportunity to publish them.
Despite the difficulties of posting your creations on Roblox, we hope you don't lose all your enthusiasm for making custom items. In the future, developers may lower the limit and allow regular users to upload items to the user-generated content gallery.
In the meantime, you can try sharing your work with select Roblox developers and creators via social media. If you have created a featured article, you can stand out and become an exception. And if you're interested in 3D modeling, keep practicing regardless of the Roblox rules. This area is constantly evolving, so your skills may come in handy when creating UGC for other games.
Do you think the Roblox developers should allow regular users to freely upload content to the site? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.